Nils Jonasson & Peter Jonasson
5:00pm – 7:00pm every 2nd and 4th Tuesday
Match Fee: Guests $10 Members $7
Welcome to the Tuesday .22 Tactical match! It is held on the 2nd and the 4th Tuesday of every month on the Small Bore Range at Rio Salado Sportsman Club. Currently, there are only two divisions: iron sights and scope. Only bolt action and semi-automatics are allowed. Bring at least two magazines (capable for total of 50 rounds), but 3 magazines are recommended. Eye and ear protection is mandatory. You will shoot four challenging stages of steel and reactive targets. A stage may require 2-3 runs, keeping all runs or keeping the best 1 or 2. One stage will require movement with targets at medium distance. One stage will be stationary with targets at medium distance. One Stage will be stationary with targets at short distance. One will be long range stage (up to 100yds) and require multiple positions. Read each stage carefully and not rely solely on what others tell you. Required round count total will be between 120-140 rounds. This match is run with Tuesday Night Steel and Rifle/Shotgun rules in mind.
Pistols are Now Allowed!
- Rules and course of fire:
- All pistol shooters will shoot the shorter stages 1, 2 and 3.
- Entry fee will be the same, $7 for members and $10 for Non-members.
- Pistols must remain holstered or cased between stages.
- All loading devices must come from the body and all starts will be from the low ready unless otherwise specified
Gun Condition While Waiting to Shoot
- Guns must be empty, actions open, safety on
- Keep gun pointed up or downrange
- “Shooter Make Ready”: take sight picture with empty gun, then load magazine and prepare first shot
- Let the RO know how to plan to take the long range stage
- “Are You Ready”: turn safety off
- “Standby” : start 1- 4 sec after giving this command
- At the beep, engage targets per stage description
- “If You Are Finished, unload and Show Clear”: Show the RO the gun is empty
- “Gun Clear, Safety On, Muzzle Up”: Lock bolt open and put safety on. Keep muzzle pointed up as you move to/from the stage
Read the stage description yourself, and ask match director if further clarification required Shooting positions (prone, sitting, kneeling, …) are shooters choice, unless called out in the Stage Description
From a shooting box, it is required that you have every part of your body in the box, unless called out in the Stage Description
Help While Waiting to Shoot
Help to record times and call shooter sequence: up, on deck, in the hole
Sighting in Target
After checking with Match Director, you may sight in your gun at the designated sight in table
Have FUN while being SAFE!
Bring at least 200 rounds
A bipod is not mandatory but may be useful on certain stages
Bring 3 or more magazines